Thursday, September 11, 2008

From AMS Enrollee Vicki Davis

I am currently in the orientation phase of AAMI.  I have been looking at AAMI for 13 years now and finally was able to enroll a few months ago.  I can say that I am NOT disappointed.  So far it is proving to be challenging and thought-provoking.  Just doing the orientation has already stretched me in ways that I needed. I find that when I feel stumped, push through the tough spot and finish a project, I feel an extreme sense of accomplishment.  It is good!  I have been a stay-at-home mom for 23 years and this is the first real "stretch" I have had since high school.  I love being a SAHM, but sometimes, it leaves you feeling a little....oh.....dull.  So far, the assignments I have done for orientation have made me realize that I can do this!  No only is this going to make me a great midwife, I believe it will make me a better and more confidant woman.  Those are added perks!  I am very thankful for this opportunity.
Vicki Davis, CLD, AAMI Student #1967
New Life Birth Services
newlifebirth.org

1 comment:

zuritrustnature said...

Super. I believe in you too! With love and support, Hopeful Fellow Attendee